What Does It Take To Get Certified?
To be certified, your company needs to define and develop procedures that follow the ISO requirements. Whether you choose ISO 9001 or another standard you are required to address such issues as:
• How documents are controlled within your company.
• How to determine and manage the records your company must maintain.
• How to establish and implement methods for dealing with nonconforming product issues.
• How to perform internal process audits.
• How to manage the minimum required procedures for problem and potential problem identification and resolution.
In addition, it may be advisable to define and document other processes such as: acceptance of customer contract awards, the issuing of purchase orders to your suppliers, supplier selection and evaluation, various design and development processes as well as consistent implementation of processes to ensure that all initiatives are successfully carried out in your company.